There's no shortage of entertainment in Los Angeles. From laugh-out-loud improv comedy to intimate singer-songwriter showcases, the endless entertainment in Los Angeles can't be beat. Take your date for a memorable night on the town with these date ideas for less than $20:
81. Take in a free Monday night residency at the Echo, the Satellite, Bootleg Bar or the Silverlake Lounge.
82. Watch a double-feature at the New Beverly Cinema and discuss the films afterward over tea at Susina Bakery across the street.
83. Visit the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre to see up-and-coming comedians for $10 or less.
84. Check out some of L.A.'s top comics for free on Thursday nights at The Palace, a Chinese restaurant in Los Feliz.
85. Visit iO West in Hollywood for comedy shows ranging from free to $10 with cheap drink specials.
86. Looking for more cheap entertainment Monday night date ideas? Just remember these four words: Bardot Hollywood school night, where you can check out nationally-touring indie bands for free at "It's a School Night "on Mondays at Bardot in Hollywood.
87. Take in a free concert outdoors at California Plaza during the Grand Performances series each summer.
88. Support indie filmmakers at the Downtown Independent.
89. Rock out to mash-ups at Bootie L.A. at the Echoplex or Regent Theater every Saturday. Admission is $10.
90. Debate which superhero is best at Meltdown Comics, then venture to the back room for a cheap comedy show at the NerdMelt Showroom.
91. Cheap entertainment doesn’t mean boring. Catch one of the legendary free in-store concerts at Amoeba Music and find your favorite artists in the racks of new and used albums.
92. Compare local brews at the Pub at Golden Road Brewing in Atwater Village.
93. Spin the wheel at the Tiki-Ti to select a tropical drink at random for their list of 85 potent cocktails.
94. Take in the glorious view of downtown while sipping on $6 wine during happy hour at the French inspired Perch restaurant, bar and lounge.
95. Listen to free poolside performances by artists on the rise during the Mondrian Sessions at Skybar. Past performers have included Lykke Li and SBTRKT.
96. Visit the London West Hollywood on weekdays from 5 - 7 p.m. for their posh "London After Five" happy hour featuring $10 cocktails and tapas.
97. Listen to local singer-songwriters in an intimate venue at the Hotel Café in Hollywood.
98. Sip on some delicious wines during Vinoteca Farfalla happy hour at Vinoteca Farfalla in Los Feliz, everyday from 4 - 7 p.m. It’s also a great place to enjoy with friends if you’re looking for charming double date ideas in Los Angeles.
99. Listen to iconic duo Marty and Elayne (of Swingers fame) at the Dresden Room, every Tuesday through Saturday from 9 p.m. - 1:15 a.m.
100. See tomorrow's comedy superstars at The Second City in Hollywood.